Sunday, September 2, 2012

Week # 15 - Summary - IT's HERE !!!



WEEK # 15   - Total Distance/Time  - (Just 1 Week till IMWI)

Swim = 3,600 yds (1.1 hrs)
Bike = 41 miles (2.5 hrs)
Run = 18.6 miles (2.6 hrs)
CrossFit = 2 WODs (1 hr) 

TOTAL =  7.2 Hours    

Just ONE week from today, I'll be racing IMWI !!!  Time has gone wayyyy tooo fast...  A year ago, I was at work talking to Mark about IMWI which was the day before... we checked online before going for a lunch swim and the registration was still open for 2012 (unusual for this race)... then, the crazy idea was quickly planted in our head !!!! We checked again after lunch and guess what?  it was still open...  We asked our other crazy co-worker, Wilmet, and he said.. NO !!!   Mark and I hesitated, but after getting approvals from our beautiful and supporting bosses (our wives) we pulled the trigger and we were IN (and broke too) !!! As a bonus, on our way home from work we get a text from Wilmet that said:  "I'm in"....  Fast forward a year:  we're leaving this Thursday to race on Sunday.  
Our bikes are GONE !!  We drove to Orlando last Thursday and dropped them off at Locomotion. A big truck picked them up and we'll see them in Madison on Friday !!!

SWIM:
Just keep swimming, just keep swimming... feeling good and smooth...

BIKE:
Got another hilly ride around Clermont with Mark before dropping the bikes at Locomotion in Orlando. I'm good to go here !

RUN:
Did a couple of tempo runs at IM pace. I'm feeling great here too !!!!

WODs:
I've been feeling good here, but I've backed down a bit on intensity and have been using lighter weights!  My body is feeling rested !!!!


In a couple of days, I will post a few ways of how to track me during the race... Stay Tuned!


IM Foundation:

BIG THANK YOU TO ALL...  I HAVE REACHED MY GOAL!!!!   

See my story and IM foundation page HERE


Mark and I dropping our kids off to College... See you in Madison !!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment