Sunday, September 16, 2012

Race Report - Cliff's Notes


SWIM = 1:02:10
Nice & smooth. In control the whole time! Took wide turns to avoid violence.

BIKE = 6:21:27
Beautiful course with tons of people everywhere cheering and screaming! Hilly, but not too bad. Right on pace (18.1mph) until my chain came off and got stuck between the big ring and the frame (at mile 107...Yikes!) Lost a total of 10 minutes trying to fix it and waiting for help. Cramps started at mile 50 and got worse gradually but manageable.

RUN = 4:43:13 
Running with sore muscles from cramps is no fun! I think this was my first time really pushing through those pains. My cardio was perfect at 139 BPM for the first 1/2 marathon averaging about 9:06 min/mile (right on goal pace).  The second half was a victory for the pain. I slowed down to average 12:25 min/mile to accommodate the discomfort. Cardio was great as I was at 122 BPM.

I am very proud and satisfied with my results. I felt that I was able to turn the race around and finish strong after all the issues that were thrown at me (mechanical, physical, and mental). I met all my time goals until the 2nd half of the marathon. I'm pretty confident in my training up to this point and what I was able to deliver!  Can't wait for the next one... (well maybe... yes, I can wait)


FULL RACE REPORT - CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment