Sunday, September 16, 2012

Training Summary


IMWI Training Summary

I followed a 16-week CFE training plan, and here is the summary:

  • Overall Distances and Time:

                  Swim = 65,890 yds  (18.7 hours)   
                  Bike = 1,081 miles (57.6 hours)
                  Run = 194.25 miles (28.4 hours)
                  CrossFit = 46 WODs (24.3 hours)

                       Grand Total time = 129 hours in 16 weeks


  • Weekly Averages of Distances and Time: 

                Swim = 4,118 yds (1.17 hours)
                Bike = 57.6 miles (3.6 hours)
                Run = 12.14 (1.77 hours)
                Crossfit = 2.87 WODs (1.51 hours)

                      Average Training time  = 8 hours 3 minutes per Week


Did it work?   Heck Yeah !  I felt strong and had a solid race.
Will you do it again?  Yes,  I can't wait to do it again!!!   I know my fitness level is at an all-time best: I'm not tired, I'm not burned out, I've got more time to "play", and I'm excited about keeping this training regimen and seeing how far it takes me.  With cramping legs and mechanical issues on the bike, I was able to assemble the best race I could and feeling strong and good about it.


Read my RACE REPORT 





4 comments:

  1. Hi, I currently use CFE, but wanted something specific to IM. Do you have the training plan in excel or word format? I would love to work off of your training schedule. I appreciate any help that you can provide. Thanks, Craig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Craig, send me an email to atovar@hotmail.com. I'll be happy to share what I have.

      Delete
  2. I'm training for lake placid this year and would love to see your plan too! Thanks, Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura, email me at atovar@hotmail.com. I check that account more often. Good luck w/ training!

      Delete