Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Goals


Many friends have asked me about my race goals. So I decided to put them in writing and sharing them:

I will go into the race with a very open minded approach.  Therefore, I have developed 3 goals as follows:


Goal # 1 (The Rowdy Gaines Goal)
"On paper", I should be able to do this. I have done these paces comfortably in each individual sport during training. The big question is:  Can I put them together back to back on Race Day?




Goal # 2 (The Tovar secret Goal)
The aggressive goal...  The secret goal... The dream goal... The 'High Risk' goal.   If I push the pace just a little bit more than in training and I’m able to hold it thru the run. I think I can do this:




Goal # 3 (The 'bless his heart' Goal)
Plain and simple... to cross the finish line!!!  It'll be a long day, and ANYTHING could happen... If Goals#1 & #2 are out of the picture, this goal will be here waiting for me. Regardless of what happens (mechanical, nutrition, physical,  or just an off day) I will give it whatever it takes to complete this event!



No comments:

Post a Comment